Sunday, January 3, 2010

Preparing For The Week To Come

Last week I went to the doctor for a constant sore throat, I went strait to an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) doctor, because I assumed that is where they would have sent me anyway. The appointment was going well, until the doctor asked if I was tired alot and if I got really bad sinus headaches. Well both answers were yes. The response "What are you doing tomorrow, you need surgery as soon as possible". I have to get my tonsils out because I have tonsillitis so bad that my body is trying to fight it off, but is really making my body weaker because my body can't fight it off. I am going in for surgery on Tuesday morning in Medford.

So in preparation for this next week I went groceries shopping, and it is not very easy to get only things that are soft or plain liquid. According to the doctor I won't even be able to eat scrambled eggs until late Thursday. The pictures below are what I will be living on for the next 5-6 days. He said I can try to some things like Macaroni and Cheese and Eggs but I won't be able to eat very much.
Since my favorite ice cream is Mint Bon Bon, and that has chocolate chunks in it, he said I can't eat that so I got rainbow sherbet instead. However with how cold it is supposed to be this week I am not so sure I will be eating very much of this.

And the rest of my liquid/very soft food diet. MMMM don't you wish you could eat like this for a week. I would rather it be steak, burgers and french fries. So if you want to stop I will be home all week, but I won't be able to talk very much. And yes Jordy says it will be a peaceful week, haha but he has to do all the dishes! ;)

5 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

Heather had hers out the end of August and I hate to tell you but you won't be eating much for more than a week. I think it took at least three weeks for her to get back to real food. Good luck and get better soon.

jules said...

When Andy had his out in High School he lived on chocolate shakes for a week or so. Good luck....

Connie said...

Good Luck Meg, You are the 3rd person I know for this in the last 3-4 weeks.

Don't worry so much about the eating part, worry about getting healthy.

Connie

Rita said...

Good luck on Tuesday, Meg. Let us know if we can help in any way--Good thing you like ice cream!!!See you tomarrow xo Gramma

Patti said...

You will be in good hands with Jordy and me. We will take good care of you. I'm sure any food I make if not eaten by you Jordy will eat the excess.